1. Laser Module(Operation and inspection video is available）
When the engraving machine is working, if the laser module has no laser shot, the laser module has laser shot but no trace of engraving, the materials cannot be cut, the fan of the laser has the abnormal noise, etc., above-mentioned issues belong to the scope of laser module failure.
(1) In the case of laser module has no laser shot, laser module has the laser shot but there is no trace of engraving, and the material cannot be cut, whether the laser is damaged could be judged by testing output power of the laser module. If the laser shot can burn wood and paper, which proves the power of the laser module is normal. If the wood and paper cannot be burned, the laser is faulty and needs to be replaced. The detection steps are as follows:
(2)The fan of the laser has the abnormal noise
Check whether the fan blades are touching the connecting wires and there are no foreign matters on the fan. If the fan blades do not touch the connecting wires and there are no foreign matters on the fan and there are still abnormal noises, which proves the fan is damaged.
2. Motherboard of control box(Operation and inspection video is available）
When the machine is running, if the Y-axis moves while the X-axis does not move or the X-axis moves while the Y-axis does not move, such issues belong to the failure of the two drive blocks on the motherboard of the control box. Which drive block is damaged could be determined by exchanging the drive blocks on the motherboard, turn on the machine and click the arrow button on the software to see whether the X/Y axis can be moved.(Note: If the X-axis does not move, the X-axis drive block on the motherboard is damaged. If the Y-axis does not move, the Y-axis drive block on the motherboard is damaged.) The detection steps are as follows：
3. Power Adapter
The machine is not powered usually caused by no voltage output of the power adapter. See whether the indicator light on the power adapter lights up. No lights up proves the power adapter is faulty. It could be judged by checking the output voltage of the power adapter as well, no 12V voltage output means the power adapter is damaged and the power adapter needs to be replaced. The test method is as follows:
4. Software settings (detection operation video is available)
The engraving/cutting wordis not good enough, usually caused by incorrect parameter settings and foreign matter on the laser lens, which could be solved by adjusting the parameter settings and cleaning the laser lens (Note: please refer to the parameter table to set)
5. Connection failed(detection operation video is available）
The software cannot be connected to the machine, which is caused by the software cannot recognize the computer's USB serial port. It can be solved by plugging the USB line in another USB port, replacing the USB data cable and updating the driver. If the problem is not solved by three means above which proves the motherboard of the controller is faulty, needs to be replaced (Note: Please refer to the laser power test chart for the motherboard disassembly and replacement)
(1) Plug the USB line in another USB port
(2) WindowsOS LaserGRBL software driver updating
(3) Mac OS LightBurn software driver updating（installation file could be get from email@example.com）
6. Structure of machine(detection operation video is available)
(1) Image misalignment in Engraving/Cutting is caused by wrong firmware configuration command, the firmware needs to be updated.
Install file”FreematicsArduinoBuilder-1.0.13” firstly, which could be obtain from firstname.lastname@example.org as well as the firmware，LaserGRBL firmware updating steps as beow:
(2)The engraving line is not straight, the machine does not move smoothly and abnormal noise happens along the machine moves, all those are caused by improper installation of the optical axis, timing belt, POM wheel, eccentric nut and damage to the accessories.
1）Optical axis：Restore or replace the optical axis
2) Adjust the tightness of the timing belt: Too tight timing belt will cause abnormal noise, and the timing belt is too loose or too tight will affect the engraving/cutting result. Use an Allen key to loosen the T-nut, tighten the timing belt, and then tighten the T-nut (note: adjust the timing belt until the wheels can move smoothly)
3）The scratches or deformation of the wheels will cause the unsmooth movement, which could be solved by replacing the wheels.
4）Eccentric nut adjustment：Eccentric nuts are used to adjust the tightness of POM. Too tight eccentric nuts will cause POM wheel too tight, which leads to the abnormal noises in movement. If the eccentric nut is too loose, the POM wheel will also become loose, which will affect of engraving/cutting result. In could be solved by adjusting the eccentric nut with an open-end wrench in this case.